Building and testing your first prototype to learn and validate.
Due to the high demand, we are running two extra rounds of the five-day course. The additional dates are 28 March – 1 April and 25 April – 29 April.
You can select the date that suits you best when booking through Eventbrite.
- An early-stage, innovation focussed, product hardware startup?
- Exploring new concepts for a physical product?
- A scaling product company developing your first in-house innovation?
- Working on a new product idea that you need to build and test?
- Unsure how to plan your prototyping activity to deliver maximum value?
- Unsure which processes to use or which materials to specify? If the answer is yes, we’re here to help!
SUMMARYThis 1-week, hands-on business support programme is fully funded* and delivered by Plus X at The Central Research Laboratory in Hayes (West London). CRL work with entrepreneurs to launch award-winning businesses and have built a global reputation in hardware-focused support.Product companies create many forms of prototypes between concept and manufacture. The creation of prototypes can be costly and time-consuming, yet it’s an essential part of the product development and innovation process. On the flip side, a simple model or rig can save months of wasted development and the acquisition of good data can unlock funding and attract investment. Doing the wrong thing is frustrating and expensive. Doing the right thing at the right time in the right way for the right reasons is key.Good prototypes answer questions, make ideas tangible, deliver insights from the market or future users, provide performance data, clarify requirements and validate function, safety and efficacy.The right approach to prototyping, testing and validation will enable you to prepare and communicate clear product design and performance requirements to manufacturers, save your business time and money and shorten the lead-time from concept to commercial launch.
DETAILSDuration: 35 hours (across 5 days) Location: Central Research Laboratory, West LondonDates: Monday 28th March to Friday 1st April 2022; Monday 25th April to Friday 29th April 2022Times: 10 – 4 pm each day (with a break in the middle)
ACROSS THE WEEK YOU WILL:
- Receive hands-on training tailored to your company’s needs on topics such as 3D printing, rendering, PCB, app building, SolidWorks and much more
- Explore prototyping strategy in 1:1 sessions with product designers and engineers
- Work closely with CRL’s in-house product development team to define your prototyping requirements and create design data
- Receive training on the selection and use of prototyping equipment
- Explore and use CRL’s state of the art workshops and prototyping facilities
- Participate in workshops with a small cohort of product hardware startups and grow your network
- Make prototypes!
ADDITIONAL BENEFITS In addition, selected startups will receive a COMPLIMENTARY 2-week membership with access to our workshop facilities at the Central Research Laboratory to further develop their prototype. The membership will take place immediately after the event. Participants to this BOOST programme will also have access to 12 additional hours of support delivered by Brunel University London, free of charge. This will consist of a set of workshops with the overall purpose to help with the growth of your business.
HOW TO APPLYThis is an in-depth course provided to a small group of participants to ensure maximum value. Because of this, space is extremely limited and we require startups to apply for a place. We will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis so apply early for the best opportunity of being selected.
- Founder, CEO, CTO or Product Lead
- UK registered
- Developing a new hardware product
- Available to attend at least 2 full days of the programme (preference will be given to people attending the whole week)
- Completion of forms (in-line with our funding partner requirements*), including a registration form and a daily feedback form to confirm attendance for the full programme. *This 35-hour programme is fully funded for eligible startups. This programme is part-funded by the European Regional Development Fund. To track the impact of this programme, CRL will contact participants in the future to capture updates on company growth and investment, or regarding further support available. Please note that this is an in-person programme that will be delivered at the Central Research Laboratory in Hayes, West London. Shall you have any specific needs that require flexibility, please do get in touch with us and we can discuss the possibility to attend some of the sessions online. We are proud to be an equal opportunities company. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, ages, citizenship, disability, gender identity and socio-economic background and criminal history, consistent with legal requirements. Shall you have any questions please get in touch with email@example.com